Author Posts

September 21, 2012 at 11:16 am

My boyfriend: We've been dating for seven months and it's always felt like the perfect relationship, even before we actually made it official. I'm a senior in HS and he's a junior, but I'm young for my grade. I seriously love him and he's my best friend in the world- I don't know what I'd do without him.

The problem: My problem is that I've always been told I flirt a lot (but I never mean to!) I have this guy friend who's actually friends with my boyfriend too (I've known him longer than my boyfriend), but I've started to develop feelings for him in the past two weeks. 

I really do want to stay with my boyfriend and I've already decided that that's what's best for me. It's just that I can't stop thinking about this guy.. I'm always wondering if he's going to text me or what he'll think about my outfits, and if he likes me.

Last week we had this on-going joke about milkshakes (and the song) then he texted me one night trying to get me to go out to my car.. there on the hood was a milkshake with a note that said “my milkshake brought me to your yard.” Ever since then he seemed like he was flirting but I attributed that to the fact that he jokes around with everyone.

Then we had a really serious conversation where we talked about what we want to do as a career in the future and then about our insecurities. He really opened up to me a lot and then I did, too. He was so sweet and told me that I'm perfect the way I am, that I'm beautiful, and that he doesn't see how I think anything's wrong with me.

The next day I went to the grocery store he works at with my best friend and she said that when he saw us there, he blushed and smiled a lot, which I kind of thought too… and today he hasn't texted me at all.

I'm not sure what to think about him, if he likes me or not. But then, of course, is the real issue.. WHAT DO I DO?! I really, really love being with my boyfriend but he's grounded for four weeks! How do I survive that without thinking about this other guy? ): I'm so stressed over trying to keep him off my mind. 

If you actually took the time to read all of that… please help me! 

September 26, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Have fun! Its just high school. You date many more before you find mr right. I say keep it platonic and have fun. Who knows maybe it will fizzle anyways. Or maybe sizzle. Don’t trip. Enjoy the ride 😉