Author Posts

March 26, 2014 at 8:12 pm

It's been five years since we've been together. I always, always listen to him, even for hours, when he wants to complain about something. Whether it's trivial and eating at his mind, or super stressful and serious. I am not good at all when it comes to pressure or stress, but whenever I complain about something, he always replies with things I do not want to hear.

Recently, I'd gotten super sick. Been vomiting with a fever, couldn't eat or drink for a while. I also have a horrible job that I plan to quit this week. So I complain to him that I still have online homework and a midterm to complete, and that I'm upset because I have to spend my spring break recovering from my illness and worrying about how quitting my job will go (as well as working tomorrow while still ill), and I specifically say how my spring break was supposed to be a break from “everything”. Then he comes back at me with “Then just quit.”

Excuse me?

“Quit school. Quit your job.”

I was already in a horrible mood and I didn't want to deal with it. When I just want to vent, or when I need emotional support, he tries to topple me over. He says it's because I'm weak, and that he's trying to toughen me up, but if he's going to harass me when I need him, why do I have to be with him when I can be with someone who WANTS to support and love me? What kind of boyfriend does that to his girlfriend? He's jobless. He has a DUI for a year. I WANT to spend money on him and drive him wherever he needs to. Why can't he treat me like a human being? Like someone he at least LIKES?

I don't need a reply to this post, I just need to complain. I just wish he could see how much of a jerk he is. Usually, after he messes up, he'll EVENTUALLY try to contact me later, WITHOUT APOLOGIZING. When I tell him I don't want to talk to him because he's being mean to me, he ALWAYS asks: “How am I being mean to you? YOU'RE the one who's mean to ME.” It happens. Every. Time. I already know what he's going to say. I have no clue how I can be mean to him. He's never there when I need him the most… Then he gets mad when I turn to other people for emotional support WHERE HE LACKS. I'm just tired of thinking that there's someone I can rely on, when they can't even lend a shoulder for me to cry on.

April 25, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Sounds Immature- you need a break from him.. sorry had to throw my two cents in! I hope You feel better

May 8, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Have you told him what you need? Maybe when he thinks he is trying to ‘toughen you up’ that he is actually doing you a favour. Either way he doesn’t seem like he has much emotional intelligence!

Good luck!