Author Posts

July 18, 2017 at 7:31 pm

So for the past 2 weeks or so I’ve been trying to contact my best friend. And I’m getting 0 response back. I understand that she might just be busy, but this is simply too odd. We “were” very. very close, so I thought I could come by her house and hang out. I felt like such a fucking weirdo about it, like I’m desperate. Just writing this down makes me feel like a needy freak who’s jumping to conclusions. But if someone that you’ve been friends with for 4 years out of butt fuck nowhere gives you the cold shoulder, it’s going to fuck with your head right? I don’t know, I’ve dealt with this in the past with other friends who would just manipulate my emotions but I figured this wouldn’t happen w/her because of the bond we have. Looking at this makes me now think that she’s extremely busy? I lost access to instagram and snapchat but I can still see that she posts regularly. I’ve heard of stories like this before, where usually they did something wrong they didnt know about; but the last time I hung out with her we had a good time. The worst case scenario would be that because she’s about to move, she’s using it as an excuse to distance herself from me, but then again I could never think that because we’re very close. And she hasn’t even moved yet. I would understand that she’d be doing this if I wasn’t giving her space to breathe, but I’ve only tried to contact her on FaceBook, I don’t obsessively call her or text her. It’s just starting to bother me as of late.

August 14, 2017 at 7:19 pm

hey just try to keep in contact with her. i had a similar situation with my bestfriend and we have been friends for almost 5 years. and he finally reached me back he was so thankful that i never gave up on him. he realized that he wasnt a burden, but the only thing thats different is that my bestfriend was going though depression. my advise to you is to keep trying to stay in contact. i dont think its weird at all that youre doing what youre doing. if you feel and KNOW that you have a extremely good bond with her then go for it and never give up

August 15, 2017 at 6:11 pm

Keep trying. You know your friend best but you never know. I actually did this to a friend but we were different than your friend and yourself. We grew up together and had been friends for 7 years and we did grow apart after high school but we spoke in regular intervals. Howrver I became overwhelmed with little things, I ignored her on purpose and we went far longer without contact until I got over it.

And I was never big on social media, but she probably did see I posted things. Because that’s easier than dealing with my friend.

i hope it’s something like that but if not you should at least continue reaching out and find out. Be honest but brief especially if you text because you don’t know (or maybe you do) who has access to the phone or email. Let them know clearly that you feel you have done something wrong because you’ve been getting the silent treatment and if she doesn’t contact you soon you’ll simply take it as such -but you hope to hear from her soon.

Good luck