Author Posts

May 31, 2016 at 1:16 pm

It’s storming outside on May 31st. The window is wide open and white lace drapes hang over, closed, creating a misty atmosphere. The feeling of warmth and coziness coats the embodiment of a made bed accompanied by a dog and a ballistic cat. There is much to appreciate within these moments, there is much to hear, much to feel, much to acknowledge and to become aware of.

Today, I am exhausted. My belly is full and I am thankful. I am thankful for being able to choose what I eat, I am thankful for shelter, I am thankful for my mother and father in a general sense, I am thankful for the presence of the love of my life even though he is not physically near me.

I have always had a lack of understanding in regards to my own blood meaning myself as well as my family members.. It seemed as though I was isolated by difference. After all, developing some sort of genuine connection based on the means of understanding was difficult to do whenever an effort to speak up on the matter was immediately dismissed by anger and violence; as if bringing up something as significant as that was a crime against them, an inconvenience. After some time, I developed a new perspective on the matter. They are my parents, they are my brothers, they only aspire for the greatest of intentions when it comes to interacting with me. Whether they approach that concept appropriately or not, that’s entirely debatable. Perhaps they did not mean any harm and I am not dismissing the actions that contradicted the concept that they only sought out the best for me, however, within this moment, I am not living through what they had once put me through.

Within this moment, I am sitting on a comfortable bed, with a cat trying to get my attention, the sound of rain playing in my ear, and the sensation of a satisfied belly from the satisfaction of wholesome food. Breathing in, I know that I am breathing in. Breathing out, I know that I am breathing out.

You are not your past, you are not your future, you are the present and only within the present moment can you be gifted with life and with pure happiness. Within every moment is something to live for. If you are feeling frustrated and cluttered with problems coming at you left and right, create awareness to your breath. Take a moment to focus just on that, I promise that you have time. There is no need to rush anywhere, as each moment passes by, you are already where you need to be. Everything is going to be okay, gift yourself with the awareness of that revelation.