Author Posts

November 15, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Backstory: my bf and I have been dating for about 5 years and hardly ever fight. I know that he is the love of my life. He is so sweet and caring and romantic. The problem is, that he has a TON of “girl” friends- which I am totally fine with because like I said he is really caring and just wants to help. Normally I am a pretty trusting person. The thing is, sometimes these “girls” don't see it as just him being nice. And sometimes he borders the line. Lately there has just been this one girl in particular that he talks to ALL the time. Cutesy/sickening stuff. He tells her he “loves” her. I know, say I am a terrible human being but I sometimes read his stuff, I always tell him after though because I feel so guilty. One time he was talking about her “abs” Like just stuff that I would never even think about doing to him just because I love him so much and would never want him to even wonder. And about that, I don't really connect well with girls, I just never really have. There are a few guy friends but I can never keep them because I feel weird about it (and some of them try to hit on me and I don't talk to them again) because he means that much to me. I am just SO sick of constantly worrying and being jealous. I am normally a REALLY happy person and this is just making me so sad. I have tried to talk to him about it but I can tell he just thinks I am being clingy. He has a lot of other girl friends that I am fine with because I trust them. But saying stuff like “thank god I have you to get me through the day” and “I love you! You are the most amazing, beautiful girl in the world!” Is not ok with me. He says he is just playing and I can't take it the same way like when he says it to me. Ugh…I just don't know what to do. I'm really sad. I wish he would just stop talking to her like THAT. It hurts me. Any suggestions? Am I being ridiculous? End rant.