Author Posts

October 17, 2010 at 11:28 pm

I have goals. I want more for my life. My husband and I have been happily married for 9 years. We have three children and my disabled mother lives with us. It is the same routine day after day. I am close to graduating with my BA degree, but for now I can't seem to find a job. We struggle week to week trying to make ends meet and making the decision of whether to pay the electric bill or put food on the table. I love my husband very much and he loves me too. We are soul mates. However, he shows little self respect and he's depressed. I want to be intimate with him, but he won't brush his teeth, shave, or take a shower more than once a week. Aside from work, he don't want to do anything but sit at the computer all day long. My mother (also depressed) and him don't show to be any more mature than my young children. They argue and bicker about stupid little things (all day, every day) and I sit in the middle having to listen to them. They both get offended when I try to say something and it just pisses them off at each other all over again. I feel alone in a house full of people. I want to be a good wife, mother, and daughter, but I also want to be successful. How can I be successful in the workplace if I can't be successful at home? Is this it? Will there ever be more to my life? Cry

January 15, 2011 at 2:11 am

Sounds a bit stupid but what do you both do for fun? Is there a hobby that you both like? My husband and I found one day that we were not doing anything we enjoy like we used to and that we just got caught up in routine. So we're making the effort to do things that we both used to do when we were dating. Nothing too major, but we make the point to go out for a posh meal, go to an art gallery (not to say that we are very artistic – but there are some art works out there that is just funny to make fun of). There is always more to life, not necessarily big, just lots of fun little things to do. Anyway, just a thought.