Author Posts

December 3, 2012 at 5:18 am

Hello Venters.

My other half is a combination of things: 8 years younger than me, Australian, in a different country a lot, and 7 stone overweight. I'm not going to tell you I'm perfect. I am hot headed, 8 years older than him, and pretty damaged goods. But I know a wee bit more about life than he does and bearing in mind I live on my own in one of the most expensive cities in the world, I am pretty grounded in reality.

So… my boyf is coming back to London for a week in the next few days. Before he went away, we agreed that he would try and lose two stone before he came back because that way, I might be able to get some sleep whilst he's sleeping in my flat (he snores – the docs told him its because he's overweight). That was 6 weeks ago. He's done nothing. And from the looks of him on Skype, I think he's probably put on weight. I've not told him that because it would really upset him, but I am so angry at him, I NEED TO VENT! Why hasn't he done anything? WHY doesn't he care that I don't sleep when he's there? Why doesn't it matter to him that we have the most awkward, difficult sex because he's so overweight? He's all like “When I come back, I'm going to do this and that to you…” and I think to myself – 'Yeah, right'. I don't want the spend the whole time he's back being a bitch to him. I know deep down if I love him, I have to accept that he's probably not going to change… I know I could do with dropping a few pounds myself – but he's not afraid of letting me know that. He makes me feel bad about myself sometimes so why don't I hit back with some 'tough love'? I just don't want to be THAT girlfriend. Right now I want to scream at him for being irresponsible, immature and a let down!

End rant.