Author Posts

July 3, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Ok, so, i am a lifeguard for a park and my boss is an idiot. I asked for a day off on the 4th of July on the Friday before the fact. This year the 4th falls on a Wednesday. She emails us a schedule that has me working from 3-7pm. I called her about the fact and she says that she can't find another guard to work the shift for me. Our supervisor (who is our bosses husband) is scheduled to work the full day and another guard is working the 11-3 shift. So, i called some of the other guards and found one to replace me and then told my boss. She said that it wasn't going to work because our supervisor was no longer working all day, unannounced to me. She then sends me a text saying that “having a supervisor work a full day so that a kid can take the day off is unnecessary”. I WAS LIVID! As it stands I am still having to work the 4th and I feel cheated simply because our boss decided to change the schedule after I told her I needed the day. I would love some input on this and to see if anyone agrees with my anger on the subject. Yell