Author Posts

December 8, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I am 53 years old and have been married for 31 years!  I love my husband but I will NEVER get married again.

I sincerely don't know where men get all these crazy-assed, warped ideas they come up with.  I am also sick and tired of the selective hearing issue in our house.  Funny, he can read the iPad and watch tv at the same time, but heaven forbid I speak to him – all I get is “huh? I didn't hear you.”  They say women speak twice as many words as men do each day – THAT'S BECAUSE WE HAVE TO REPEAT EVERY F'ING THING WE SAY!!!!!!!!!

For many years my hubby had talked about taking flying lessons.  So a few years ago for his 50th birthday I arranged (and paid for) flying lessons.  He REFUSED to go and said that at the age of 50 he didn't feel confident enough in his reflexes anymore to attempt to learn to fly a plane.  When I explained that in the first lesson he was required to sit through a class and then he would be the co-pilot and only take the controls if the pilot felt he was capable of it, he still REFUSED.  Fast-forward three years to tonight.  I walked into the tv room and he is sitting there on the internet looking up “HOW TO GET YOUR PRIVATE PILOT LICENSE” and he has no idea why that upset me.  Seriously honey?  I PAID FOR and you WASTED private flying lessons and now three years later you're wondering about how to do it? 

So many things that go on in my house on a daily basis drive me completely batty. Lots of days I feel like hitting my head against a wall.  I know I'm not the only on out there with a hubby who doesn't listen, can't hear, but I'm reaching the end of my rope here and I need to vent Embarassed

February 10, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Hi. I know how you feel. I'm not married and haven't been in my relationship as long as you (7 years? I think!). But I've come to the conclusion that men are dumb f*cks and I wouldn't be in another relationship if my life depended on it. I've been married/divorced twice. The only good thing from my 1st marriage are my boys and that he left me. My second marriage was a completely abusive nightmare. Thank G*d that a-hole is dead. I'm serious. He was vile.

Like me, there's some reason, you (we) stay in these situations. Don't ask me why right now. I haven't figured it out.

Men are jerks!!!! Hang in there 🙂