Author Posts

February 15, 2012 at 7:33 am

I have an idea for a little, mini, stay at home vaccation/strike for myself.

On friday, I plan to buy a couple of frozen meals, canned soup, stuff for sandwiches and leave a note on the fridge, that I will not be cooking friday or saturday. Everyday, I cook for my husband, his father and his sister. Many nights, I eat nothing more than a bowl of cereal or a salad.

I will also, buy a good bottle of wine, locate my favorite movies and set up my room for complete ALONE time. Buy batteries for my sound machine, some bath oil and play some music. Locate some favorite books. Watch some foreign films.

I will refuse to complain or listen to ANY complaints, negative remarks or judgement. I will smile. I will laugh. I will be polite.

When my husband gets sullen and pouty, because I will not cook or make his sandwich, I will not get sarcastic or buckle with resentment. I will not say anything negative. Just smile and say ” I need a break, please”.

I may work on my planned garden ( which my husband has taken over ), make some very, light, meatless, pasta dishes ( no one likes them but me )and dye my hair, paint my toenails.

On Sunday, I will cook a nice dinner; a roasted Turkey breast, stuffing and a salad. I may even make something sweet. Then I will smile at everyone and tell them how wonderful my break was, that I plan to do this more often.

What do you think? Anyone want to join me? Wink