Author Posts

August 10, 2015 at 11:07 pm

So I have this problem.  I cannot seem to move on from past relationships. It’s just two of them, but I keep dwelling on them.  I have dated both these guys twice, but I keep wanting to go back to them.  I know it’s stupid, but I keep thinking they will work.  I am in love with who they were in the moment of that relationship and I cannot see past it.  They are completely different people now, but I keep seeing who they were and thinking that since I’m different now I can make it work, but I cant. They are not the same and I am not the same and I need to get past this.  I need to find someone I can connect to as much as I did to them. I understand that one is my first love so i will always care for him, but the other… It’s just so frustrating when it’s been 6 years and 4 relationships later and I have never been as close to anyone as I was him. We have so much in common. He is everything I thought I wanted in a guy, but he keeps going for girls who don’t like him back. Figures I’d be the one he didn’t love back.  Guess I’ve just read too many romance novels.

January 12, 2016 at 5:17 pm

No one gets over their first love or the one that they thought was perfect. Luckily for most girls, they’re the same person. Unfortunately for you, they’re not. Going back to either of them makes them realize they still have you in a way, which could be very bad. Either one of them could message you one day and use you as a rebound girl when things are going wrong in their relationships. I know it’s hard, but don’t let them have that grip/pull on you. It’s unhealthy for any of your future relationships. Try not to think about them and pay attention to things going on around you, your family, or even another guy starting to get interested in you. You never know who/what could help you get over them, so try anything. Be crazy and only let laws stop you from doing what you think could help.