Author Posts

June 19, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I needed to vent about a certain roommate issue, my roommate has a teenage daughter, and over the course of the time that I have been there, her daughter has taken it upon herself to go into my room and borrow my things, granted she has asked to borrow a couple of items, but not all, so from time to time I’ve had to recover items that were missing. As of late, I found 2 shirts that she had borrowed that I know hadn’t given her permission to use (yes I’m tiny and she wears the same size as me) one shirt seemed destroyed so I took it upon myself to buy a lock for my door. I understand my mistake in the fact that I did not ask my roommate if it was ok to install a lock on my door and apologized, but I still haven’t received an apology as to her daughter taking my things without my consent!! She noted that I should discuss matters with her that she is a teenager and she is going to make mistakes, but I don’t think it should be my responsibility to tell her daughter not to do things ESPECIALLY when she is a minor, it isn’t my place and I thought since my roommate is the mom, she should tell her daughter to respect others belongings. Regardless of her daughter being a teenager, she is still old enough to know right from wrong and still don’t see any justice in this matter and wanted feedback if I was in the right in doing so that I got a lock for my door…..

Sincerely,

Still haven’t gotten an apology!