Author Posts

July 9, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I had finally reached a point with my life coach after years of working together where I felt confident sharing some of my sexual abuse stories openly. Instead of allowing me to vent, grieve and feel my anger she tried to explain what might have been going through my abuser's mind – ie they thought it was a funny game – or a guy thing. I asked her to allow me to share my experience instead of trying to explain what my abuser may have been thinking. She claimed I wasn't spiritually ready to embrace compassion and understanding. How could anyone get to that stage when they first get in touch with their rage from experiencing physical and sexual abuse.

I feel frustrated as I had paid her good money to vent about some traumatic experiences and instead she pulls this hippy love and understanding and immediately talking to your abuser to heal the pain. And then when I express I'm not at that stage yet to insinuate I'm spiritually underdeveloped?

I'm mad at myself for wasting my time and feelings with an unexperienced life coach who has been me feel even worse about my abuse because she is trying to validate why the abuse ocurred so I can heal quicker.

Am I missing something???