Author Posts

May 4, 2017 at 8:56 am

Hello, I am a 63 year old, who had it made. Married to the most wonderful man in the world for 45 years, we retired and were starting to enjoy our life even more than we had and then our youngest grandson needed stability in his life and guess who had to provide it. It’s been a year and a half and we have no support group so my husband and I haven’t had any real time alone in all that time. It absolutely sucks! It might not be as bad if the child didn’t have issues but he does and it makes me insane. Add to that the whole change in the way things are done regarding children and I just want to step in front of a bus.

We did all the right things and made good choices. We were self reliant and independent. NEVER asked for anything from anyone. The BIGGEST mistake we ever made was having a kid and so, not only did we pay for it while raising him but we’re still paying for it and it sucks!

I tried to see a therapist to vent to but she wanted to “fix” my problem but there is no fixing. The only thing that will help is his father getting his crap together and taking his kid back but the chances of that are slim to none so we’re stuck with raising a troubled 10 year old and not having any life. We’ve disconnected from all our friends because I’m no fun anymore and I don’t want to trouble them with my crap, we don’t have anything in common since they are lucky enough to still be in the “grandparent” category and quite frankly it pisses me off even more when I hear about all the great trips they get to have. So, I thought I would try this in hopes that it will expunge some of the anger and hopefully I’ll be able to hold my marriage together.